The objectives of HRDC Knowledge Resource Centre (KRC) are to further the interests of HRDC by means of:
• Providing knowledge services to enable the faculty, trainers and other users to keep track of
significant developments in their fields of interest
• Searching literature to provide information pin-pointedly, exhaustively and promptly, thereby
saving the valuable time
• Provide inspiration and stimulation to users by means of balanced collections and prompt services
KRC has a rich collection of books, periodicals, CD ROM databases, Training CDs / VCDs / DVDs, Training Tool-kits, in-house training programme lecture CDs, and other intellectual materials. These materials have been of immense value to all categories of users in keeping abreast of the current and even evolving knowledge in their respective spheres.
For managing its resources, KRC is using e-Granthalaya – a Library Management software developed and distributed by NIC, N. Delhi. All the book records have been provided bar-codes. These can be accessed through Web-OPAC on HRDC Intranet.
CSIR-HRDC has developed its ‘Institutional Repository (IR)’. For managing IR contents at the Centre, which are non-traditional so far as IR’s are concerned, a customized database software has been developed. All the training programme / workshops related information has been made available in this software. One can access IR contents on HRDC Intranet portal.
Presently, KRC is providing the following services to its users:
• Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
• Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
• Bar-code based automated Circulation System
• Online access to e-Journals
• CD ROM / DVD Service
• Reprographic and Scanning Facilities
• Information search & retrieval
• Management of databases/repositories
> Institutional repository/database of Training Programmes and Workshops
> Photo gallery
> Training Programme / Workshop Presentations